You may download and fill out the adoption form below or pick up a copy at the shelter.
- After submitting your application, a reference check will be performed before an animal may be adopted. Our goal is to find the best fit for the animals under our care and to make each placement successful. You are welcome to call at any time to inquire about an adoption.
- For individuals renting, landlord approval is required.
- Potential adopters must have all current pets spayed or neutered and be current on vaccinations. If you currently own a pet your veterinarian must be included as a reference.
- The shelter will not allow adoptions of cats where the potential owner plans to declaw. Adopters of cats are required to sign a contract that they will not declaw the cat if an adoption is approved.
- The entire family (including other pets) are encouraged to meet the new animal.
- All adopters must bring valid identification and be at least 21 years of age.
- The Otter Creek Animal Shelter will advise the new owner of any medical or behavioral problems we observed in the animals while they were under our care, but cannot guarantee how the animal will react in an unfamiliar environment or predict any future medical problems that may arise.
- Any pet adopted from the Otter Creek Animal Shelter that does not work out must be returned to the shelter.